Opportunity to select an association for all undergraduate students at the University of Ottawa.
All full and part-time undergraduate students at the University of Ottawa are invited to vote for an association that will represent them on FEBRUARY 11, 2019.
- Student Federation of the University of Ottawa ( SFUO)
- University of Ottawa Undergraduate Student Association. ( OUSA)
- University of Ottawa Students’ Union (UOSU)
Candidate groups must:
- Present a group of at least four students who are enrolled as full- or part-time undergraduates when their nomination form is submitted, and who will continue to be enrolled as such during the winter 2019 term;
- Commit to running elections for the appointment of elected executives during the winter 2019 semester;
- Commit to provide services in both official languages;
- Have the written support of 10 undergraduate students who endorse their nomination;
- Commit to incorporate as a non-profit organization within 10 days of winning the referendum.
Lucie Allaire, a former uOttawa ombudsperson, has been appointed as Chief Referendum Officer (CRO). She has complete independence in establishing and administering the rules of the referendum process and will also determine the eligibility of all groups who present themselves as candidates. Ms Allaire’s impartiality, fairness, and commitment to students’ interests are well known. Joining her to form the Referendum Committee are three students from the University of Ottawa: Carly Boisvert, Rachel Dion and Tristan Lamonica.
For the first time, undergraduate students will be voting using an electronic voting system that is provided and managed by an experienced third-party firm, Dominion Voting, making the voting much simpler and the compilation of results much quicker as well. Complete voting instructions will be provided directly to each student by the CRO via their uottawa email account.
Call for nominations
December 10, 2018, at 8 a.m.*
Deadline to receive nominations
January 15, 2019, at 5 p.m.
Chief Referendum Officer (CRO) issues official list of candidate groups
January 16, 2019
Mandatory meeting between Referendum Committee and all officially listed Candidate Groups
January 17, 2019
Campaign period begins
January 17, 2019
Public forum with all Candidate Groups at Roger Guindon campus
February 4, 2019
Public forum with all Candidate Groups at UCU
February 5, 2019
Campaign period ends
February 10, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
Online voting begins
February 11, 2019
CRO announces the results of referendum
February 12, 2019
* Note that all times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Please download the nomination form in PDF, complete, sign, and return it to the Chief Referendum officer by 5 p.m., Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at Lucie.email@example.com.DOWNLOAD FORM